It will come as no surprise that it is way more important for people to patronize a Heating and Air business that is licensed and insured versus one that is not.
· A license HVAC represents experience and exposure to all sorts of problems the professional must overcome.
· The Licensed and Insured Heating and Air professional is vetted through a gauntlet of different types of public and private sector entities and tests. More often than not, Insurance companies will not insure a Heating and Air Company that does not have the proper license.
· Often, warranties (to include home warranties) will be void if the person who installed the Heating and Air Equipment does not have a license.
· Hiring a company that is insured should make you feel comfortable knowing that your property is protected.
· When obtaining certain licenses, individuals are trained on how to properly handle refrigerant. That refrigerant, if not handled properly can do serious harm to the environment.
We recommend asking to see these credentials prior to the start of the project. Ensure that the license and insurance has the owner’s name on it and it is still current. Look at #1 from energystar.gov.
This article is about asset protection. The opposite scenario for someone hiring someone without a proper license and insurance could be devastating. Granted, someone may be able to install Heating and Air Equipment without a license, but if something goes wrong you stand the chance to lose a considerable amount of money! Like I have said before, the Heating and Air Equipment is only as good as the person who installs it.